Version: 1.5.3, Winter Comes to Tlessa, Published on: Dec 04 2023
Welcome back to Planes of Tlessa 1.5.3.
In today's release I am brining some improvements to currency acquisition at end game for end game gear and alchemy.
This release also expands the event types current in game to bring a temporary event that players can trigger and Planes of Tlessa's first seasonal event and story based map: The Ice Plane.
The Season event is known as the Winter Event and runs from December 15th to March 15th of the following year with a raid that starts on February 14th and runs until the end of the winter event: March 15th.
This event brings new gear set: Corrupted Ice which players have a variety of ways to earn.
With the Winter Event and the new raid comes a set of new quests that tell a story in a specific order, unlocking new locations and progressing the over all story of the game forward.
This new event is designed such that EVERYONE can participate! regardless of level.
- Gold Dust when disenchanting has been changed to now:
- Increase amount gained to: 2-1150 per item disenchanted.
- Mythic Drops have been rebalanced to drop less frequently.
- Quest Items that drop from specific locations have had their drop chances rebalanced
- Other types of special items that drop such as Uniques (not from Factions) have also had their drop chances rebalanced.
- Regular items that would drop off monsters have also had their chance rebalanced
- Players under level 12 now have a auto 80% chance to obtain items and quest items to help them with their journey.
Players will find with these chance changes that things might take a bit longer to obtain.
Players can now only equip one Trinket and only have one trinket in their set.
- All players have had all trinkets removed their sets and unequipped from their characters. These Items have been safely put into your inventory, regardless of your inventory max size.
Reason: Having two trinkets defeats the purpose of the trinket crafting as players can just technically stop half way through.
Purgatory Smith House Changes
The Purgatory smith house has a purpose now. This is where characters will farm Currencies for end game gear and alchemy in order to participate in Raids.
Now when players, who have:
- Access to the house and optionally:
- Ability to gain Copper Coins
Will be rewarded with:
- Characters can get 1-1000 Gold Dust from fighting monsters. This can be increased to 5,000 if an event is triggered at this area.
- Characters can get 1-1000 Shards from fighting monsters. This can be increased to 5,000 if an event is triggered at this area.
- Characters can get 1-1000 Copper Coins* from fighting monsters. This can be increased to 5,000 if an event is triggered at this area.
- There is a 1/1,000,000 chance to get a Purgatory Chain Legendary Unique from Monsters half way down the list of more. This can be reduced to 1/500,000 chance if an event is triggered at this area.
- There is a 1/10,000,000 chance to get a Purgatory Chain Mythic Items from the last monster in the list. This can be reduced to 1/5,000,000 chance if an event is triggered at this area.
- There is a 1/1,000,000 chance to trigger an event while fighting here to reduce the chances and increase the currencies (the above "if an event is triggered") for 1 hour at this location only.
* Provided characters have the required quest item to obtain copper coins.
Fixed an issue where kingdoms that are destroyed from The Old Man, are not properly removed from the map.
Added a new log for those who loose their kingdom to The Old man due to over population. Now players can see why they logged out with a kingdom, and logged back in with none.
Added a new log for those who loose their kingdom to The Old Man for not being walked (visited) in 90 days or more.
Equip Best (Experimental)
There is a new Highly experimental and prone to unpredictable behaviour including breaking feature that allows players to have the game determine what gear should be equipped or replaced, Regardless of if it's in a set or not while following the games rules on equipment.
This system is new and experimental and thus:
- Will not take skill modifications into account when doing comparison.
- Will not take your class into account when comparing.
- Only compares based on stats and if the item has more positive increases then it does negative decreases.
- Basically if it has a lot of +5% and few -5% we assume it's better.
This system will be expanded to allow players to select things like:
- Choose specific skills you want to equip for from your found gear making early game sets for Accuracy, Crafting, Enchanting and so on.
- Choose Specific Stats you care about, for example maybe you only care about Intelligence and Dexterity.
- Choose based on your class to equip whats best for it.
- Take sockets and gems into account.
While this system is new and experimental it still provides some use for new players until they better understand the concept of equipment in Tlessa which has many complex layers that you apply one stage at a time.
The Ice Plane (Winter Event)
During the event and only during the event.
Players, regardless of level, will have the options to traverse to the new plane: The Ice Plane.
Those who have access to Purgatory will see a vastly different, stronger set of creatures then those who do not. This is to make it fair, but fun and push high lever players to really fine tune their builds and master their classes as well as push some of them towards Reincarnation.
While on the ice plane, characters will see a new button called: Event Goals in their action section.
Opening this shows the amount of kills on The Ice Plane the players, as a whole - as a community - need to make so that EVERY ONE who participates, gets a reward at a specific milestone.
The rewards are one random piece of Corrupted Ice with a Legendary unique on it.
Corrupted Ice set of items and gear is better then Pirate Lord Leather, which in it's self is better then Purgatory Chain.
Players must contribute a minimum amount towards the goal at each stage to receive the reward for that stage.
Once the Goals are complete, they will reset each week.
This makes it so that the community has to work together to meet the goals of each stage to get the reward!
Ice Queen Raid
The Ice Queen will rage across The Ice Plane. Who is she really? What is her story?
There will be a raid with the Ice Queen who will corrupt all locations of The Ice Plane.
The Gear drops are regular pieces of Corrupted Ice gear with no prefixes attached.
She also drops a new ancestral item geared towards healer classes with its own set of item skills.
Monsters Require Gems
Those who do not have access to purgatory can skip this section as you will face slightly harder surface creatures.
Those who do have access to purgatory will see a set of monsters much harder to fight. They can all deal special damage that can be blocked by armour class, these are elementally attuned to ice, so a full set of fire based gear is needed.
Kingdoms and War
There is a quest line on The Ice Plane that will allow players to settle kingdoms on the map.
Those who complete the quest and manage to settle kingdoms will find that there is no protection down here, that's because there is a unspoken goal: Have the most kingdoms.
The one player who has the most kingdoms at the end of the Winter event will win a full set of Corrupted Ice Gear with no enchants, allowing that lucky player to have the current in game best gear you can get.
General Bug Fixes
Among various fixes and changes as well as stability changes, these other fixes of note have been introduced:
- Fixed an issue where monsters can do 0 Damage for ambush. Now monsters will use their base attack.
- Event Calendar should show the event dates and times in the players time zone and time.
- Timers in game have been fixed to properly show the amount of time left. If a player switches tabs, the timer will "disappear" but re-appear with the appropriate time left when you return to the tab.
- Server time is always correct on how much time you have left and is the source of truth.
- Gems, when crafting properly reduce gold dust and not gold.
- Gems, when sold in bulk now properly tell you how much currency you got back as well as properly updating the players currencies.
- Gems, when viewing, show the name properly now.
Vampires who attack with two shields and do no damage but steal life, will now properly steal the life from the enemy.
Fixed an issue where characters who used Attack or Cast would sometimes be blocked, whereas using Cast and Attack and Attack and Cast would not block.
- This was because the entrancing affixes and secondary attacks would not fire off due to being told, incorrectly, not to.
- There are instances where players can experience this, by not having any entrancing enchantments equipped, which are vital for stronger creatures.
When selecting destroy for an alchemy item, you now get an: Are you sure? confirmation dialogue.
Boons can now be removed. When looking at your Active Boons, you will now see a remove button beside the current boon.
Version: 1.5.2, Planes of Tlessa 1.5.2, Published on: Oct 23 2023
Welcome back ladies and gents to another release: 1.5.2
- Fixed an issue with Guide Quests where a quest item required could be upgraded or traded in to a complete quest, thus we need to check if you took the item you need and upgraded it. If so, it still counts because you once had it.
- Fixed Accuracy and Dodge Enchantments
- I believe we have fixed an inventory set issue where a route error gets thrown but more testing might be needed.
Version: 1.5.1, Planes of Tlessa 1.5.1, Published on: Oct 22 2023
Welcome back ladies and gents to another release: 1.5.1
- Fixed "Enchanting is key" Guide quest to allow players to complete it once they have reached the required level for Skill Type: Crafting.
- Fixed an issue with kingdom units on mobile showing NAN for the seconds when trying to recruit them.
- Updated the Time Help modal to properly shows days, hours, minutes and then seconds with a bit of help text.
- Fixed issue with Enchanting:
- We never had Spell Crafting Enchants. So those were generated.
- Selecting Ring Crafting would show nothing, but Spell Crafting would show Ring Enchants, this has been fixed.
- Fixed issue where the kingdom passive timer would not show the passive name being trained.
- Moved the timer to the top of the passive tree.
- Fixed issue with enchanting load bar being too far to the left on mobile.
New Guide Quests:
- Consequences Pt. 1
- Get to Dungeons, Get Quest Items. Craft/Enchant and level.
- Consequences Pt. 2
- Level your character and level alchemy after unlocking it.
Version: 1.5, Planes of Tlessa - The Darkness Consumes, Published on: Oct 20 2023
Hello? Anyone there?
It has been a long while child since we have last spoke. I, The Creator, am glad we are back. Back with a massive update, one that changes the whole landscape.
Fret not child, I have not broken your memories or shattered your thoughts. Your buttons and clicks are in the same place, but now there is more. More to play with, more ways to grow, more ways to invest your precious time in the endless grind and more adventures to be had child.
Come back to the land of Tlessa.
- You get a 25% reduction in cost and crafting time for weapons (including staves, bows and hammers) and Armour.
- You get a 25% decrease to crafting time out for spell crafting.
Arcane Alchemist Changes
- You get a 15% Cost and Time Out reduction for crafting Spells and Alchemy items.
Gems (Gem Crafting)
Players can now craft gems with four tiers to select from, with each tier unlocked at the appropriate levels.
All gems are randomly rolled and as a result new items have been added to The Goblin Shop to help with gem crafting.
Gems have whats called Elemental Atonement's where one element, the highest is used as a elemental attack and defence against its oppiste element.
For example Fire will do double damage to Ice, Ice will do half damage to Fire and Fire versus Fire will do regular damage, but that element will be used for defence as well as attack.
The way gems work:
Fire is weak to Water which is weak to Ice. Where as Ice is only half as strong to Fire as Fire is half of strong to water.
If a character with 75% Ice, 25% water and 50% Fire goes up against a Fire atoned creature, they will do 1/2 of 75% of their base weapon damage as damage to that creature. If they were fighting a water based creature, they would do (75% * 2) * weapon damage as the damage to the enemy. Double the damage.
Gems comes with a new Gem bag in the inventory section of the character sheet and do count towards your inventory count. You can sell one or multiple gems at a time but cannot buy them. Selling them gets you 15% of the tier cost back.
All elemental atonements will cap out at 75%, so if you have many gems attached, that would take your atonements higher, it will cap at 75%.
For gem calculation, we take all the gems that give you each element and take the avager value.
For example we take all the ice atonements across all the gems and then take the average them.
With Gems, players who have access to purgatory can visit the Seer Camp while in purgatory via the Craft/Enchant menu in the action section.
Players can use Gold bars here to add 1-6 sockets to an item, and then add, remove or replace gems on an item.
The Seer Camp requires, as mentioned, gold bars - up to 2000 for adding or re-rolling sockets, 500 for adding or replacing each gem and 10 Gold bars to remove a gem from an item.
Help Docs Changes
Players can now search basic keywords and terms from the help docs and be shown a page of matching pages and content.
Clicking on any of these cards will take you to that page and section where the matching term was found.
Raids are special events that last for two weeks and will corrupt specific locations which will be seen as white skull and cross bones for the corrupted locations.
Corrupted locations will contain Raid Critters, which drop quest items as well as regular rewards. One Corrupted location will contain the raid boss.
Raid Bosses cannot be taken down alone, unless - in some instances - you have Reincarnated the max amount of times and have max level gear. These characters can do 5+ Trillion in damage.
Raid Bosses can have upwards for 50+ Trillion in health.
All players can participate in killing the raid boss regardles of level and have a maximum of 5 attacks per day, regsardless of how many times you die.
Raid critters are some of the strongest creatures in game, they can be fought by selecting them from the monsters drop down list, which will update to raid critters (with the boss, if the boss is at that location). Raid critters can have up to 1 trillion health, how ever usually start lower - in the billions.
These creatures may require you to reincarnate your character a few times to be effective at killig them in one hit..
All Raids come with a quest line that tells the story of that raid. As a result there may be additional steps:
- Reincarnating a specific amount of times
- Completing a previous quest in the same tree before completing the one you want to do.
All Raid Critters and Raid Bosses make use of the new Gem mechanic, that is they also have elemental atonement's. As a result you will see the name of this atonement in the list (IE: Goblin of hate (Fire)), which means its fire based, so you will want Water based gems.
All Raid Critters and bosses will also have a special attack, like how characters do with Class Ranks.
The one who kills the Raid Boss will get a new Ancestral Item, which you can read more about below.
The top 10 players who participated and dealt the most damage will get a random piece of gear which belongs to the specialty type of gear the raid is dropping.
Raid bosses will respawn an hour after being killed, allowing players another chance at gear and the ancestral item.
Note: If a raid is on a plane that would reduce the characters strength and buff the monsters - those effects will not be passed on to raid critters or bosses.
Raids will last 1 month in length giving players ample time to complete the side quest content that comes with it as well as a chance to kill the raid boss.
Ancestral items are Artifacts. These cannot be listed on the market, sold to shops, have enchantments on them, have holy oils applied, have sockets or gems attached.
Characters may only equip one and have one in the set. Ancestral items have a special aspect to them: Skill Trees.
These skills trees, much like the item, will focus on one stat and generally raise Base Attack Damage %, Base Armour % and Base Healing % as well as the stat that the item focuses on, for example INT.
Each skill requires the character to kill a specific amount of (any) monster in game. This number does not increase when you level the skill, it's static. For example if a skill requires you to kill 250 creatures and you do, your next level will require the same amount of kills. For this reason, it is best players use exploration as some skills requires up to 1000 kills or more for a single level.
There is a new event calendar in game that players can access from the side bar.
This event calendar will show all upcoming Raids and other events in game. This will play with the new Announcements section in the chat to show players what events are currently running.
All affixes have been regenerated to be balanced. There are affixes for the following types:
- Stat Modifiers - increase str, dur, dex, int, chr, agi and focus
- Base Modifiers - increases base damage, armour class and healing modifiers.
- Stat Reduction - Does not statck, reduces the str, dur, dex, int, chr, agi and focus of enemies. We will take the highest enchantment values when you have multiple equipped.
- Skill Reduction - Reduces enemies skills and resistance while increasing your devourig light.
- Life Stealing - Steals life from enemies, max is 99%. Does not stack for non vampires, but does for vampires. Also increases your dur stat (can stack).
- Damage - Stacking - deals damage to enemies but enemies can resist the damage.
- Damage - Irresistable - Deals damage to the enemies but does not stack and cannot be resisted.
- Accuracy (dex), Casting Accuracy (focus), Looting (int), Dodge (agi) and Criticality (str) - Each of these will raise the skill bonus and XP towards skills as well as raising the stat in brackets. these do stack.
- Weapon Crafting (str), Armour Crafting (dur), Spell Crafting (focus), Ring crafting (chr), Enchantment Crafting (int) - Raises the skill bonus and XP towards skills as well as raising the stat in brackets. Will stack.
Affixes will no longer effect things like Class Skills, Class Bonus, Skills Damage, Armour Class and healing Modifiers.
Class Bonus has been moved to the class skills.
- Class Skills raises the class bonus, which is used to determine if your special attack will fire or not.
- Class Skills are now capped at level 400.
- Class Skills have also been rebalanced.
When fighting regular monsters, this now takes place on the server side.
This greatly reduces the amount of data we need to send to the client and fixes issues with exploration running out of memory because of the current amount of data that has to be sent back to the front end for real time data changes.
This now means:
- Regular attacks are server side
- PVP is server side
- Celestials are server side
- Raid Fights are server side
- Rank Fights are server side.
This also allows the game to cut down on cheating.
Redone Guide Quests
Guide quests have been redone to better help new players get off the ground with the game.
These now reward XP and Currencies and no longer reward items.
Guide quests can now expect more of players such as getting specific currencie amounts and/or Leveling more then one skill.
Guide quests have also been done such that as new fearture get added new guide quests can be added to walk players through the new feature,
Finally, There are enough guide quests to explore every feature of the game.
First Cosmetic Item: Cosmetic Text
The first raid - scheduled for later this year, will offer two quest lines. Ones tells the story of the raid, the second tells the sotry of your character and rewards you with the ability to change your public chat color and font boldness and or italicized.
Colors and additional chat text oiptions will roll out later.
This can only be obtained by completing the raid quest line that rewards this feature.
The following quests have been rebalanced:
- The Key To Disenchanting, Gold Dust cost reduced from 25,000 to 5,000
- The Creepy Doll, Gold Dust cost reduced from 25,000 to 5,000
- That's One Creepy Doll, Gold Dust reduced from 30,000 to 8,000
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Gold Dust reduced from 50,000 to 12,000
- The Return of the King's Crown, Gold Dust cost reduced from 75,000 to 15,000
other quests such as some of the goblin quests on surface have also been re-balanced for use in Guide Quests
- Armour Crafting now allows you to select a type: Helmet, Body, Sleeves, Gloves, Shields, Feet.
- Players can change the type of armour, by clicking Change Type.
- Players can change the type of crafting by clicking Change Type again from the armour type selection. This will bring you back to the main Crafting Type selecting.
Alchemy items have been complelty regenerated and balanced. There are now the following types of usable items:
Stat Increasing, will increase all stats for 30 minutes and does stack.
Damage, AC and Healing, Will increase each of these for 15 minutes and will stack.
Skill Type, Will increase skill bonus and XP of that type, for example: Trainable would refer to any skill you can train will get these bonuses. Crating will refer to any skill that is considered crating, ie: Spell, Ring, Weapon, Armour Crafting.
We also still have Kingdom Damage based items and Holy Oils that can be used on items.
Holy Oils will start at level 190.
Kingdom Destruction items start at level 30.
Alchemy items now cost a lot more in regards to Gold Dust and Shards. It starts at 100 Gold Dust and Shards and works it's way to 500,000,000
- Fixed Rangers triple attack messages, now you will see all three messages for damage output.
- This may effect other classes who's special damage attack can spawn multiple attacks.
- PVP Battle messages, Celestial Battle messages have been fixed to properly show the various attacks, for example rangers triple attack now comes through properly. This fix applies to all classes.
- Class specials now auto select, from the drop down, the class you are currently assigned to.
- Class specials will now tell you if the special deals damage or not
- Class specials will now remove the equip button and replace it with a message, if it does damage and you have a special that deals damage equipped.
- Fixes to various tables in game
- Trinkets and Artifacts cannot be used for enchantments, Queen of Hearts, Seer Camp (Gems and sockets) or Holy oils.
- Monsters, Celestials, Raid Monsters and Bosses have been rebalanced.
- Random number generator has been redone to now use a randomly generated seed to generate the numbers to make them more truly random.
- New characters under level 12 or with a looting bonus of under 10% have an increased drop rate for getting items.
- All Crafting sections now show an XP bar with the skill level, skill name, current xp and next level xp.
- Chat tabs are now a drop down for mobile players that glow orange when there is changes in one of the chat windows.
- Some Information Pages have been re-done such as the Character XP and Gear Progression Page. Other pages have been added for Mythics and various types of gear.
- Locations in Teleport and when clicked on will tell a player if they are corrupted or not.
- Fixed issue where players could still spin slots even if they didn't have the gold.
- Buttons with in the crafting section has been fixed for mobile.
- Modal Fixes on Mobile.
- Chat Layout fixes on mobile.
- Information page fixes.
Special thanks for your contributions, PoT is fully open source and supports all Pull Requests:
bradcis on Github for the following fixes:
Version: 1.4.2, More Classes!, Published on: Mar 04 2023
Welcome back all to Planes of Tlessa! Today I am excited to share the 1.4.2 changes and updates.
Lets start with the new classes. It is important to note these classes cannot be selected upon registration and instead require you to use the Class Rank system to unlock them by leveling specific classes.
It is also important to note that these classes do not come with enchantments, they can use any enchantment.
Prisoners are a mix of thief and fighter and when using a weapon they have a chance to do 15% of their 15% of their strength 1-4 times for a rage attack against the enemy.
Prisoners are best with weapons of any type.
Alcoholics are drunkards who puke blood across their enemies. They are horrible with weapons suffering 25% damage deduction. Exceptionally horrible with spells, suffering 50% damage/healing reduction (although resurrection chance on healing spells is not effected).
How do they fight? bare handed! Their class specials focus mostly on raising their health and their damage.
Fighting barehanded gives you an additional 25% of their damage stat towards their attack.
Their special, which will fire if they have no weapons AND no spells (damage or healing) equipped will do 30% of your health as damage. However there is a downside, you will suffer 15% of your own health as damage in return.
These are one of the hardest classes to play. Alcoholics are a mix of Fighters and Blacksmiths.
One of the best classes to play, who are most proficient in staves with bows as secondary.
Merchants get a discount of 25% of at the shop, they also get 25% off the total bulk price of buying multiple items.
They get 30% reduction on crafting, 15% on enchanting, 10% on alchemy and trinketry and 5% off at specialty shops for Purgatory and Hell Forged gear.
They also get 5% reduction on crafting timers for all the above crafting types.
A merchants special attack (which you have chance of auto landing when attacking) allows them to flip a coin and either do 2x their damage or 4x times their damage.
Merchants are a cross between Blacksmiths and Rangers.
When the Merchant opens crafting, enchanting, alchemy, trinketry or special shops, the player will see in the server messages section the discounts and some of the drop downs will also show reduction to the items.
others, like enchanting, will apply the cost reduction after the total cost has been calculated.
The action section has been better designed for mobile, as well as various other fixes such as teleporting modal closing when on mobile and smaller devices.
Other adjustments to tables and various other aspects of the game in regards to mobile have also been fixed.
This is not the end of the mobile fixes, for the next patch will bring even more fixes to make sure the game works on phones, tablets, smaller monitors and so on.
Reincarnation has been increases to allow your stats to go to a max of 9,999,999,999. The player can then level from 1-5000, after they max their stats, for additional % towards their stats.
This allows players to take on and kill (when it gets there) Rank 50 creatures who have a max health of 750 Billion.
This will take roughly 90 reincarnations if you start at level 5000, with a total XP Penalty of 450%.
Class Ranks Modal
The class ranks modal has been fixed to allow for players to to select a filter based on the class, for both the class specialties and "Your other specialties".
the filters will now properly stay in place when equipping or unequipping.
Fixed issues with Purgatory and Hell Forged shops duplicating items in the list when players buy items that are replacing items with no enchants or holy oils applied.
Fixed Duplicate and incorrectly spelled Quest Items
Updated Ranked Fight Monsters to have slightly less Ambush and Counter Chance and resistance to give players more of a chance.
Fixed classes so they properly respect the races and classes docs.
Arcane Alchemists no longer get damage bonus from having healing spells equipped
- Their special attack now properly works.
- Arcane Alchemists no longer get damage bonus from having healing spells equipped
Added class bonus to the enchantments table so players can find gear that raises their class bonus so their classes special attack lands.
Version: 1.4.1, Class Rank UI Change And a new Shop!, Published on: Jan 08 2023
Hello all and welcome back to Planes of Tlessa, I have an exciting update for you today!
Class Ranks UI Change
The way players interact with their class ranks has changed slightly. The help docs have been updated to reflect the new change.
The change is:
You now click Manage specialties in the Class ranks modal bottom section. This will open a new modal with three tabs: Class Ranks - all of them, with a new filter for specific class type or by equippable.
Your second tab is your equipped specials.
Your third tab is other specials, not equipped but that you have made progress in.
Clicking on specials in the third tab will show you the progress you have made thus far.
There is a new shop in game that uses a currency you may have a lot of: Gold Bars.
You can access this shop via the shop menu in the side bar.
The Goblin Shop only accepts gold bars, thus players have to have kingdoms.
You can buy XP Potions that last 8 hours in either +100%, +250%, +500% or +1000% at a cost of 100, 250, 500, 1000 Gold Bars and they do not stack.
For 2000 Gold Bars players can buy a Level Potion that lasts for 4 hours and every time you gain a level, you gain an additional level - does not stack.
When a player buys an item from the goblin shop, if you have a kingdom who can absorb the cost of the item, that kingdom will have its gold bars deducted.
If the cost cannot be deducted from one kingdom, we will take the cost out of ALL kingdoms that can afford this (when added together) splitting the cost evenly.
Much like Class Ranks, this is also a phase one release. Future phases will require the character to have more then one kingdom to purchase: Class marks a future feature that unlocks new classes who's restrictions require other classes in your class ranks to be specific levels before unlocking in conjunction with you needing to purchase the appropriate class mark.
- Fixed issue where if one class rank is maxed and equipped, others would not gain xp.
- Created a way to remove stale unit and building queues.
- Players who's Goblin Coin Bank is below level 5 cannot with draw or deposit Gold Bars.
Version: 1.4, 1.4 - Class Depth, Published on: Dec 31 2022
Hello all and welcome back to another Planes of Tlessa update.
Today we have a new feature: Class Ranks, Class Weapon Masteries and Class Specialties.
These can be accessed by you going to your character sheet and clicking the Class Ranks orange button, from here it will open a modal will you will manage your specialties equipped, your class equipped and other related details.
Class ranks allow you to level a class as well as switch classes at anytime.
- Class Ranks are leveled by killing creatures while you have that class equipped.
- Class Rank XP per kill is a flat 10,000 and the required XP per level is also a flat 1,000,000.
Leveling class ranks unlocks class specialties, which you can mix and match with other class specialties to create your own unique build.
Note: Currently Class Ranks is in phase one of the development. Phase two will include the ability to unlock new classes that you cannot select during registration.
Class Weapon Masteries
Each class is more proficient (damage wise) with specific weapon types. having these equipped means more damage out the gate, you can level these to master new weapons and increase your weapon damage with that specific type of weapon.
- Class Weapon Masteries are leveled by you equipping a weapon of tat type and fighting monsters with it.
- Weapon Masteries give 10,000 XP per kill and require 1,000,000 XP per level.
- As you level a weapon you get a % equal to the level, ie, level five in bows means you do 5% more damage.
- Some classes have better starting levels for their weapon masteries then others, for example a Heretic is better with staves and damage spells, where as a Prophet is better with Healing Spells and Weapons.
Each class has a set number of specialties that can be unlocked as you level the Class Rank. Some of these increase damage, ac, spell damage and so on. Others - at later levels of the class - do damage at specific intervals of the battle.
- Class Specialties are additional effects you can equip to give your character a boost in damage, ac, healing, health, damage stat or equip specialties that do damage based on specific attacks.
- For example, the fighter has a class specialty that allows you to better play as a spell slinging sword mage as it requires you to use Attack and Cast attack type for it to fire.
- Class Specialties that are equipped will gain levels, increasing their power over time.
- Class Specialties will gain 10,000 XP per kill and require 1,000,000 XP to level. They must be equipped to gain XP.
- Characters may only have 3 specialties equipped. A character may not have more then one damage specialty equipped at any one time, this means you could have a Damage Increasing Specialty, A Armour Class and On Damage Specialty.
Ranked fights are apart of Tlessa's end game. Once players have Purgatory Chain gear, outfitted with holy oils and top end enchants - players can head to the Underwater Caves on surface where they can participate in server side fights.
Monsters here grow in strength based on the rank selected, the maximum rank will increase once per month, giving way to even stronger creatures.
The idea here is the players will one shot these creatures or die a horrible death. Upon death, the enemy will move.
Players will want to make use of reincarnation to push their stats even further in order to progress down the rank list.
Players will also want to make use of the Class Specialties to push their stats as well as use an additional special attack.
Players will also want to make use of Thunderous Claps (Alchemy top end item) to boost their stats even further to take on the higher rank creatures.
The basics are below:
- Select Rank (start with 10 ranks)
- Select Monster
- Server Side Fight (cannot explore here, must manually click)
- Ranks increases by 1 per month to a max of 50 ranks.
- The higher the rank, the stronger the creature.
- Rank list under Tops -> Ranked Fights resets per month when the rank level increase, when rank level can no longer increase the chart will still refresh.
- Monster Stats increase as the ranks get higher, they start with 250,000 stats and increase as you move down the list of critters as well as down the rank list.
- Vampire Life Stealing Ability is reduce to a maximum of 50% in this location.
- Failure to kill the enemy in one hit means certain death for the player and the if the player dies, the enemy will "move" and no longer be able to be attacked.
- Rewards are given to players who clear a rank, these include 10K Xp, 2 Billion Gold and 1 Legendary Randomly Generated Affix (You wont get the item if your inventory is full).
- Players who manage to be the first to get to the end of the current months final rank will get 100K Xp, 1 Trillion Gold, 1 Mythic Item (given to players regardless of inventory fullness).
A player who has maxed out their reincarnation and uses 10 Thunderous Claps can make it to the top list for the first few months - until the enemies get insane. This is where characters will need to mix in some of their class specialties that boost specific abilities and even deal damage.
If a player manages to max their stats to 999,999 before the game reaches level 9,999 (the game cap) - there was no point in the player continuing to level anymore as there stats would no longer increase.
To mitigate this, once a player reaches 999,999 in their stats through reincarnation, if the player continues to level they will get 0.01% stat increase per level to all stats accept their damage stat which will instead get 0.02% every level meaning every 100 levels you get 1 and 2% respectively added to your modded stats.
Mythic Items Drop Rate Changes
- Purgatory Dungeons will now drop a mythic if you roll above 245 on a 1/250 chance with no modifiers applied. This is a Nerf from 1/1000 with a roll higher then 999 with no modifiers.
Version: 1.3.3, Airships and Reincarnation, Published on: Nov 26 2022
Welcome back to Planes of Tlessa. Today's release includes some new kingdom updates and some mercenary updates as well!
Kingdoms and Airships.
There is a new passive called Blacksmith's Furnace which requires a quest chain that starts in Hell to be completed first. The quest is called: Story of the Red Hawks.
After completing this quest line, players will get access to the new passive and chain of passives allowing them to create two new buildings and recruit one new unit type: Airships.
- Blacksmiths Furnace will allow players to smelt iron into steel
- This building cannot be upgraded with gold.
- Airship Fields will allow players to recruit a new unit type: Airships.
- This building cannot be upgraded with gold and thus requires you to smelt steel.
- This buildings unit: Airships, cannot be recruited with gold.
Kingdoms also have a new resource: Steel.
Steel is made by smelting iron into steel and thus using it to upgrade the Airship Fields and recruit Airships.
When Attacking with airships, the attacker will attack the defenders airships before then bombarding the buildings and doing damage.
Mercenary Xp Buffs
Players can now purchase XP Buffs for their mercenary that are permanent. For example a player can purchase the highest buff at 225% XP for 1 Trillion Gold.
Players can reincarnate their character for a cost of 50,000 Copper Coins.
Reincarnation will reset your character to level 1 and take 20% of your base raw stats at the level you reincarnate at and apply them to your level 1 base stats.
This means your character will grow over time, each time you reincarnate. You can do this till all your raw base stats are 999,999.
Players will first have to complete a quest line starting in Hell to access this new feature, which is a button on your character sheet called: reincarnate.
- Fixed issue with renaming sets. we now properly rename the correct selected set.
Version: 1.3.2, Gambling and Mercenaries, Published on: Nov 15 2022
Welcome back everyone to another release for Planes of Tlessa!
Today we have a few bug fixes and two new features to help players with Currency Farming!
The new slots feature allows players to spend 1 million gold to spin and win currencies such as Gold Dust, Shards and Copper Coins.
Players must have completed the quest: The Magic of Purgatory to get the copper coin rewards.
Any player can access this in their actions section or actions drop down section for mobile players.
Mercenaries are a set of NPC characters you can purchase on the character sheet under the new tab: Mercenaries, which is beside factions.
Players will need to complete the quest line, which starts in Labyrinth, and starts with the quest: The story of children
Players can then purchases four mercenaries:
- Child of gold dust which increases any and all actions that give gold dust with the exception of quest rewards.
- Child of shards which increases any and all actions that give shards with the exception of quest rewards.
- Child of copper coins which increases any and all actions that give copper coins with the exception of quest rewards.
- Child of gambling which is only used when you use the slots and stacks with the other children above to give even more currencies.
The only mercenary that you cannot purchase is the child of copper coins, you need to complete the quest: The Magic of Purgatory to purchase this mercenary.
Players can then level these mercenaries through Exploration. Each enemy you kill gives each mercenary you own 25XP.
All mercenaries have a max level of 100.
You can then reincarnate the mercenary to set their level back to level 1 and re-level them to increase the bonus they provide for the currency, based off their name to a max bonus of 1100%.
To get such a bonus you would have to reincarnate the mercenary 9 more times after the first reincarnation.
This means a Child of gold dust who has been reincarnated 10 times with a Child of gambling who has also been reincarnated 10 times can mean that while playing slots, if you match all three on Gold Dust, you could get 72k as opposed to the base 500 reward.
mercenaries and slots go hand in hand.
- There is now a clear button when manually fighting to clear the battle messages.
- Quests now show that you are dead when trying to hand them in when you are infact dead.
- Gold Mines now drop 1-25 Shards instead of 1-5
- Currency Drop Event (Sundays 8am GMT-6) now gives 1-50 per kill.
- Fixed issue with celestial fights and trinkets
- Kingdoms now need you to deposit 10 million gold to get 5% moral boost and are also throttled to 25 requests per 1 minute.
- This throttling effects all actions on the kingdom.
- Cannot deposit into treasury when the kingdom treasury is capped.
- Doing more then 1000 damage to kingdoms does not throw a server error.
- Celestials now have a 10 second time out when you kill one.
- Celestials will now move if you die when fighting one.
Version: 1.3.1, tweaks and Changes, Published on: Nov 02 2022
Hello and welcome back to Tlessa.
Today we have some minor changes, some minor tweaks.
Quest item Deletions and Renaming
Renamed: Ring Crafters Book to: Ring Crafter's Book
Deleted due to duplicates:
- Satans Hide
- Smithies Dying Ember
- Smithies Hammer
- Broken Smithies Anvil
- Lifes Flail
- Weapon Smiths Book
- Weapon Smiths Master Book
- Blacksmiths Book
- Black Smiths Master Recipes
- Kings Ring
- Ring Crafters Master Book
- Dead Kings Crown
- Dead Fiends Hide
- Kings Book of Hope
- Kings Scepter
- Mages Tome
- Goblins Quickening Rune
- Purgatories Lantern
- Enchanted Candle Stick of Light
- Purgatories Cursed Candle
- The Wizards Enchantment
New Tops Section
Players can click to open their side bar and see a new tops section.
For now this is a glorified way of inspecting characters and seeing their gear and some basic information. Over time this will grow to show more and more statistical data about characters, who has the most what and so on.
New event: Weekly Currency Drops
- Starts Sundays at 8am till Mondays at 8am.
- Farm any creature, even in exploration for Gold Dust, Shards and Copper Coins at 1-25 per kill.
- To get copper coins players must have completed the Hell quest: The Magic of Purgatory
- Currencies are vital in a game like Tlessa, get yours on sundays!
- Players can no longer rename a set the same name as another set.
- Help Docs have been slightly updated, no locations and special locations show a table of locations which in turn shows items that drop at said location.
- Help docs for mythic items has been updated to reflect the new changes to where you get them.
- Fixed market issues where sometimes the market listing would not become unlocked after editing it.
- Fixed Market Sold For Formatting of gold.
- Fixed issues where kingdoms that get walked loose morale.
- Fixed Kingdom protection issues.