Version: 1.3, 1.3 - Equipment is key, Published on: Oct 29 2022
Welcome back to planes of Tlessa every one. Today we have a new release. Lets go over whats changed!
This release is to focus on the way we calculate your stats when you equip items. in 1.2 and below this process could take up to 7-14 seconds to recalculate your stats. With these changes, we should see significant improvement in time between equipping and time it takes to recalculate your stats.
There are a lot of things that go into your stats:
- Enchantments Attached,
- Holy Oils Attached,
- Items Base Stats
Character Boons from Alchemical items
If your character is voided or not.
As a result some of the changes this brings is:
Your health will now match your durability stat. If you are voided, it will match your base stat with not modifiers, including item enchantments, boons or oils applied to the item.
- This does mean your health will fall from millions to thousands.
Your AC will also increase as we now properly calculate your skill bonuses that effect your AC, items base AC and all items that have affixes which also increase your AC.
- Your AC is properly divided by the amount of armour items you have equipped (including shields).
Your Weapon Damage will also increase as we now properly account for affixes, stats and skills that effect the base damage.
- If you are a caster we will not include your class skill damage modifier, this will instead be applied to your spell damage.
Ring Damage no longer takes into account additional enchantments or bonuses towards damage, but enchanting them can effect your spell and weapon damage/healing and other stats.
- This does mean your ring damage may fall to their base damage.
Spell Damage Will increase in the following ways:
- Casters will use 5% of their base damage stat, non casters will not.
- Casters will apply their class specific skill for damage mod bonus to their spells, non casters will not.
- We also apply all oils and enchantments.
With these changes the time is reduced from: 7-14 seconds to under 1 second when building the character cache.
This has also increased (time):
- Fetching the character sheet
- Equipping/Unequipping items/sets
- Rebuilding the Character stat cache
- Celestial Fights
- PVP Fights
- Using Alchemy Items to get character boons
All of it has been increased in speed significantly.
Mythics Moved Homes
- Dueling players use to allow a mythic to drop at a 1% chance. The problem with this is was it causes griefing to become and issue. As of now, mythics now have three places to drop from:
- Being the winner of Monthly PVP gets you one.
- Killing a Celestial King has a 1% + max 15% of your looting skill
- Exploring/Manual Fighting at a new location: Purgatory Dungeons (X/Y: 176/352) in purgatory to have a 1/1000 chance to get one.
The chance to get them has also changed:
- Purgatory dungeons is 1/1000 chance with no looting bonus
- Celestial Kings is 1/100 with max 15% looting.
Purgatories Dungeons also give 3x the copper coin rewards.
- Time stamps now show for user messages.
- When you chat now, you will see a time stamp display of when the message was sent.
Buy multiple items from the shop
- You can now click Buy Multiple on the shop window.
- This will navigate you to the multiple page where you can enter in an amount of the item you want to buy.
- You cannot buy more then 75 of the same item, nor can you buy if you cannot afford the cost.
- Attack and Cast now properly respects when the enemy is entranced for the front end.
- Ambush that kills players not properly makes you revive.
- Fixed issue where submitting 0 gold to the kingdom treasury would still increase the morale.
- You can no longer attack kingdoms that you own
- You can no longer attack across plane.
- You can no longer move units from a kingdom to one you do not own when using the Call Reinforcements.
- You can no longer call reinforcements across plane.
- Fixed an issue with the plane name for chat. Now when you refresh or relog the proper name will show for the message based on what plane it was sent from.
- Kingdoms under protection will update the protection days left during the hourly update. This fixes the kingdom stuck under protection for 0 days issue.
- Queen of hearts now properly takes gold dust instead of gold.
- Fixed issue where a Faction that becomes maxed could reward you twice.
- Players in exploration cannot be targeted by PVP.
- Fixed issue where dropping items on the enemy kingdom would show you the defenders message about bombs being dropped on their kingdom.
- Kingdoms under protection cannot have items dropped on them or be attacked.
- Cannot drop items on kingdoms you own or across plane.
- Fixes to weekly spawn events to properly cancel properly after one day.
- Private conjurations will no longer show global messages for defeat or conjuration.
- Instead the player who initiated the private conjuring will see the messages for Fleeing, Killing the Celestial and Conjuring in their server messages.
Global messages will only go out for public celestials now.
The following alchemy items have been deleted, as they are duplicates:
- Enchanters Brew,
- Enchantress Potion
- Alchemists Eye
- Alchemists Drink
- Alchemists Dust
- Crafters Brew
- Crafters Insight
- Astral Mages Ink
- Time Mages Bomb
- Deaths Cloud
- Battle Mages Sand
The Following has been renamed:
- Battlemage's Sand to Battle Mage's Sand
Costs on Alchemy items have changed for both Gold Dust and Shard cost to be better balanced.
- The Beating Heart quest item for the quest: Tears of Pain in Shadow Planes now drops from Satan's Cage instead of the Purgatories Beating Heart monster in Purgatory.
Queen of Hearts fixes
There was a cost issue with the queen of hearts, which has been fixed.
The max price of moving enchantments will be:
- 200K GD
- 1000 Shards
To move both enchantments off a 100 Billion Unique.
PVP duel button fixes
Fixes to the Duel Button for PVP, this use to disappear if you moved, the other players would update to show the same.
This has been fixed to properly update your base location and only update the duel button to disappear if you are on a location with no other players.
other players who are on a location with players to duel will still see the duel button.
The button will also no longer show if your level is below the required level to participate in PVP: 301
Version: 1.2.7, New Quests and Fixes, Published on: Oct 19 2022
Welcome back to Tlessa! Today we have some fixes and some new quests!
Lets go over the fixes first:
- Fixed kingdom issues where if you take a kingdom or settle a kingdom and you have the Passives that unlock buildings leveled, those buildings should be unlocked for you.
- Fixed issue when buying kingdom levels and units with gold, your gold left in the building or unit section updates properly
- XP issues around quest items that give a boost to xp has been fixed and re-balanced properly.
- Quest items when viewing them in your inventory will now show an XP bonus section.
- Corruption in Alchemy Quest now requires the: Fanatic's Candle of Despair and the Candle of the Smith
- If you have completed this quest those items will be removed from your inventory.
- Bone Shatter, Blood Blisters and Magical Whips Enchantments now have damage assigned to them.
- Fixed issues with Character Boons
- Fixed Exploration Timing out
- Enchantment page when logged out now works properly (viewing an enchantment).
- Fixed spelling mistake in mass embezzlement.
There are two new quest chains (7 quests) for Shadow Plane:
- One tells the story of the Child of Shade (4 quests) and gives items to help with crafting Trinkets.
- One tells the story of the Shade Lord (3 quests) and gives the Cloak of Invisibility to hide your location in chat.
Version: 1.2.6, Quests and Shards Fixes, Published on: Oct 15 2022
Hello every one and welcome back to Tlessa.
Today we have a few more fixes:
- There was an issue where the logic to hand out daily gold dust, was called twice. This could cause two people to win the daily gold dust lottery. This has been fixed.
- Shards were not being handed out for celestial fights. They are now being handed out
- The logic for determining if you can pay for a quest currency was off and has been fixed.
- Quests were not giving currency rewards properly, this has now been fixed.
- Purgatory Monsters have been re-balanced.
There is an issue that is hard for me to replicate. The issue seems to happen on android:
- If you select Map Movement from the drop down of actions and then select teleport and try and select anything inside of that modal, the issue is that the teleport modal will randomly close.
- This issue cannot be replicated on desktop or on IOS.
Version: 1.2.5, Fixes and Changes, Published on: Oct 13 2022
Hello all and welcome back to Planes of Tlessa.
We have a few more fixes and changes today:
- Fixed alignment of the enchanting loading bar for both Mobile and PC
- Fixed Timers for Crafting and Enchanting when you switch tabs or refresh.
- Fixed teleportation for planes like Hell and Purgatory. Now you can click a location and click teleport.
- While players are in exploration that can remove items from sets, but not equip them. This allows you to upgrade your existing sets with new enchants or clean them up.
- Gold Rush chance has been slightly increased. This is not where it was prior to 1.2 release but is slightly increased.
- Skill Names and Crafting Skill Names have been centered in the table.
- Slight adjustments to the comparison window.
Version: 1.2.4, Enchanting Fixes, Published on: Oct 12 2022
Hello and welcome back to Planes of Tlessa!
Today we have minor fixes:
- When enchanting items it will now always select the first item in your inventory to use. before, when you would enchant it would select the item you enchanted. This was wrong.
- Enchanting on mobile now has the clear links beside the drop downs.
- Crafting costs now show properly on the items details page.
- The Guide Quest: Quests are for the Wicked now gives the proper 25 Bonus Faction Points.
- Added a new healing spell: Soulless Teardrop at a cost of 40,000,000 Gold.
Version: 1.2.3, Fixes and Slight Changes, Published on: Oct 11 2022
Welcome back to Planes of Tlessa, we have a few fixes and changes to go over to make the game even better for those playing :)
- Hell Forged and Purgatory Chains Specialty shops will now properly show for mobile players in the actions drop down.
- Hell Forged and Purgatory Chains Specialty Shops when activated, while the exploration section is open, will now close it and open the shop section properly.
- Gold Dust will no longer reward two or more players at once when doing daily lottery.
- Fixed issues with the lottery text.
- Added a back button to the shop comparison page, this will; respect your filters and such.
- Text in inventory sections and tabs is now centered.
- Location page now shows proper quest item name.
- No longer do we duplicate duel handed weapons when they are replaced.
- When equipping a shield to the left hand, for example, and you have a stave in the right hand, we now unequip the stave as it is a duel handed weapon. This applies to all two handed weapons when equipping a single handed item in an "empty" slot.
- Updated the home page to fix broken links, update the FAQ and remove elements such as "events" that we do not have.
Version: 1.2.2, General Bug Fixes, Published on: Oct 10 2022
Hello and welcome back to Planes of Tlessa!
Today we have a few more fixes for 1.2 that fix some issues for both mobile and PC. Lets go over them together shall we?
- Timers on mobile, in the action section are all properly spaced apart.
- Fixed the XP bar on mobile to show the proper amounts when the character top section is closed.
- There was an issue with exploration where we can encounter non-numeric values when rewarding XP. This has been fixed, this would cause the exploration job to fail but the timer would still move forward.
- This only effects characters who needed over 1,000 XP to level.
- Shop modal from the inventory now properly tells you that items that are valued over 2 billion gold will not sell for more then 2 billion gold before taxes. This means a high end item (36 billion gold) with high end enchantments will never sell for more then 2 billion gold to the shop.
- The shop modal also tells you that trinkets cannot be sold to the shop.
- When viewing an item comparison and it states "the item is identical" we also now show you the position that item is equipped in.
Version: 1.2.1, Darkest Night Fixes, Published on: Oct 09 2022
Welcome back to Planes of Tlessa.
With the launch of 1.2 comes a few slight bug fixes.
- Fixed issues with the admin chat, The Creator messages should come through properly formatted now.
- Fixed issues with the close button on Safari in mobile view.
- Fixed issues with Maintenance mode and Error pages.
Version: 1.2, A New Dawn, Published on: Oct 09 2022
Ladies and Gentlemen welcome back to Planes of Tlessa!
After months and months of hard work, 1.2 is finally here. With a whole new redesign that is more mobile friendly then the previous.
We use Tailwind css, React JS, Pure JS and Plane old HTML. We also slimed down the amount of data needed to be sent from the server to the client.
We even have a dark mode you can enable for the account (which only uses your browsers local storage to store whether you are in dark mode or not.)
Lets go over the changes, new features and fixes together - There is a lot:
UI redesign. This should be obvious to you by now. Even just reading these release notes.
Players can no longer manage their kingdoms from the modal, instead they can click on the kingdom they own to see basic information and be able to teleport to that kingdom .
Enemy and NPC Kingdoms when clicked on give more information.
Players will manager their kingdoms from the new Kingdoms tab which is located at the top of the game screen.
Quests no longer sit beside the character count, instead you have a new tab called Quests, this will show the quests for the plane that you are on. Switching planes will update the quests.
- Because of this Quests no longer have to be cached and as a result, they load 20 times faster.
- When you click on a quest now to open its modal, we fetch the data for the quest as opposed to having the data already.
- As a result this is MUCH faster than it was before.
Character Sheet Simplification: Character sheet has been simplified. Data can be accessed by clicking: "Additoonal Information" and "Resistances" on the stat section of the character sheet.
- Skills are now shown in a table
- Skills are broken into three categories: Skills (Trainable through fighting), Crafting Skills and Kingdom Passives.
Monsters have been rebalanced, Planes have also been rebalanced in terms of how we reduce player stats and increase enemy stats for the following planes: Shadow Plane, Hell and Purgatory.
- Players at this time, even in top tier gear will not make it to the bottom of Hell monsters list or very far down Purgatory list, this is intentional until you access the Hell Forge and Purgatory Smith House.
- Monster gear will scale to a level of 300 in Purgatory leaving players to craft and enchant the last 100 levels.
See New Mobile Experience Below, for more info on mobile maps.
Fighting messages are now better formatted and coloured and properly italicized.
When traversing characters now see a modal instead of a section. Traversing is also much faster, down from 8 seconds to 3.
The help docs have been completely redone to be more simple and organize content better.
Celestials now have a 1/100 chance to spawn when a player moves via the map actions using the new Random Number Generator discussed below.
Kingmanship levels are reduced from 999 to 200.
- Kingmanship has been nerfed:
- Unit Recruitment Time Reduction is now 76% at level 200
- Unit Movement Time Reduction is now 46% at level 200
- Building Update/Repair Time Reduction is now 56% at level 200
- Kingmanship has been nerfed:
Special locations no longer require the player to be 10 levels or higher then the current monster max level to get specific quest items that only drop in these areas.
- The chance is now a 1/100 with a roll that must be 95% or higher.
Emails have been completely redone with a new look and feel that plays nicely in most (if not all) email clients, such as: Gmail, Outlook, Apple Mail and Yahoo mail - to name a few.
Players no longer have to be on their kingdom to manage their kingdoms
Players no longer have to be on the enemy kingdom to attack the kingdom (unless you are on mobile for the new View Location button)
Players no longer have to be on an NPC kingdom to purchase or wage war against it (unless you are on mobile for the new View Location button)
Purgatory Smiths Work Bench and Queen of Hearts have been moved to the Craft/Enchant drop downs only after you have completed the required quests and if you are on the appropriate plane. You do not have to message the NPC to open these or be at their location.
Kingdoms that have not been walked in 90 days, that is physically traveling to one, through teleporting or directional movement will be given to the NPC, they will then appear yellow on the map.
- You must still walk the kingdoms.
- Kingdoms that have not been walked for 30 days or more will start to loose 10% of their morale.
Kingdoms will give a percentage of the buildings resource based on durability. That is, for example: if the Farm would give you 300 Food At the hourly reset and has a durability less than its current max durability, we divide the current by max durability and give you 300 * that percentage.
Kingdom buildings will heal them selves at no cost for 5% of their health per hourly update.
- You can still repeair the building for resources or gold.
Kingdoms no longer allow you to abandon more then one at a time. When you abandon one, you are timed out from settling, purchasing or abandoning another one for 15 minutes.
Characters no longer receive emails about kingdom updates, such as building upgrade, unit recruitment or rebuilding buildings for a kingdom. These settings have also been removed from the User settings page.
The way we delete and cleanup accounts has changed.
- If you do not login for 5 months, we flag you as "to be deleted" at the 5 month mark. We send you no email.
- If you do not login for a total of 6 months, we delete your account in it's entirety. All your character information is deleted, your kingdoms are handed over to the NPC kingdom holder for others to purchase or wage war against.
- Most importantly, we delete all user related information including email and password.
At no time will you receive an email about this. Tlessa takes your privacy and security extremely seriously and will never send you unwanted emails or sell your email to third parties. Your data and trust is important to Tlessa.
Should you want to delete your account your self, you may login in at anytime, click/tap the profile icon at the top and seledct the account deletion action. Upon deleting your account, you will recieve an email confirming this is done.
Artifacts and all related skills, affixes and alchemy items have been removed from the game. Artifacts were meant to be what affixes have become. Trinkets, will take their place and is a new end game gear item that are helpful for Purgatory monsters and the new optional PVP.
Adventures and all adventure related aspects have been removed. Adventures were buggy, broken and mess. Alas we have Exploration for all your automated battle needs. This will make room for later addition of the Item World.
Removed NPC Commands. Players no longer message NPC's to do specific actions like interact to hand in quests (this can be done from the new quest tab, where you click on a quest, click hand in and if you have met the requirements we will teleport and/or traverse you across planes to the NPC to hand in the quest (at no gold cost))
- Now when a player messages the NPC, ie:
/m QueenOfHearts: Hi!the npc, based on it's type, will spit out a predefined message to the chat in a light sky blue message telling you a bit about what they do and who they are.
- Players no longer message for:
- Conjure (there's a map action for this)
- Taking a kingdom from The Old Man. Just click the yellow kingdom and click purchase
- Queen of Hearts: Her crafting action becomes available in Hell after you completed the relevant quests.
- Purgatory Smith Bench: His crafting action becomes available after completing the required quests and being in Purgatory.
- Now when a player messages the NPC, ie:
Players can still see a lit of NPC's under the help section should they wish to message them. Commands are still the same:
/m TheNPCName: message where the message can be anything.
New Mobile Experience
When a player on anything smaller than 1600px (width), ie: 1366x768, will now see a new mobile section. This section is designed to be cleaner and show less data.
The actions section is now a drop down, you can select a type of action to do and from there, select additional options or complete the action. Each section, crafting, enchanting, alchemy, trinketry, fighting and so on have a new little red minus in the top left of the panel.
Clicking this red minus resets your selection choice for the action.
Players will find there is still a map, how ever they cannot tap (mobile) but can click (PC) on locations or kingdoms to view data, instead they can use the View Location button to get the same information, but only when on the location. As a result players who open teleport will see that they can choose locations, kingdoms, npc kingdoms and even enemy kingdoms to teleport to instantly as well as coordinates.
The Telport modal will show you where you currently are and you can select other places to go.
Minimize Character Top Bar Section
Players can now minimize the top section, which contains your race, class, stats and other info. This can only be done on smaller screen sizes and shows only your level and XP bar when minimized.
This section will be auto minimized for you when playing on mobile.
View Location Details Button and Attack Kingdom Button
When it comes to viewing a locations details there are two ways to do this, one is to click the location on the map (for PC players only), or if you are at the location already, click View Location under the map (for both PC and mobile).
When viewing a location, if it is an enemy kingdom or NPC kingdom, you will have the chance to attack, which will open a secondary modal to allow you select units or units AND items. (For mobile players you will need to be at the location, and then click View Location Details)
Character Sheet Changes for Mobile
Characters will see their top character details closed by default on their character sheet and will have a select option to either show the inventory or skill management section.
Characters can dismiss these by clicking the red minus at the top right corner.
Server Side Fights are much faster
Engaging with Celestials and Doing Exploration is much faster than before. Exploration has been simplified for ease of use.
Celestials can and will move if you fail to kill it in one hit.
Skill XP is less grindy.
Characters will now recieve no bonuses towards Skill XP aside from gear or quest items. Previously players would recieve bonus XP at specific intervals of the skill level.
As a result, the skill XP needed per level up is now level * 10. Ie A level 2 skill needs 20 XP. A level 500 Skill needs 5000 and a level 998 skills needs 9,980 XP to get to level 999.
This should make it easier for players in the early stages to level skills while still being a bit "grindy" in later levels.
As a result, training skills only get 5XP + relevant skill bonuses on top of the amount of XP you sacraficed.
Crafting skills still get 25XP and are random XP per level between 100 and 350
XP gets insane!
Once you reach level 1000, your XP per level will change.
Characters from level 1-1000 will need only 100 XP to gain a level. We now carry over additional XP and this can result in multiple level ups for those uder level 1000.
Starting at level 1000, your XP needed per level will change to a new formula:
((Future Level - 1000) * 10) + 100 = new XP required.
Let's look at an example:
If you are level 1000 and want to go to level 1001, you will need:
((1001 - 1000) * 10) + 100 = 110 XP to get the next level.
That sounds fair. But what if you are level 1999 and want to go to level 2000?
((2000 - 1000) * 10) + 100 = 10,100;
As you can see the further up you go the higher the XP you need.
As a result monsters XP have increased up to a maximum of 1000XP per kill in Purgatory. Each planes monster has their XP scaled up until you hit Purgatory where the maximum you can recieve is 1000.
Celestials have also been scaled appropriatly to match that of monsters, the further down you go, the more XP a celestial rewards.
Your quest items and plane bonuses will still apply. What else still applies is the Soft, Medium and Hard Cap:
- At the half way mark to weither level 1000 or the current max level you will get 75% of the XP from a kill + quest item bonuses and plane bonuses.
- At the 3/4's way to level 1000 or current max level you get 50% of the XP from a kill + quest items and plane bonuses
- At the last leg (last 100 levels) to level 1000 or current max level you get 25% of the XP from a single kill + quest items and relevant quest items.
An example of how grindy this becomes is:
Assume max level is 5000 and you are level 4999.
Using the above formula your XP required to reach the max level is: 40,100 XP.
This means you would have to kill the top mob in Purgatory 40+ times to gain a level. Remember, you are in Purgatory, you are in the last leg, so with no bonuses and killing the mob that gives 1000XP per kill thats:
40,100 / 250XP per kill = 160.4 Kills.
Again this does not take into account Plane bonuses and XP Bonuses from quest items.
For context thats 21.33~ Hours of explorations or 3 Eight hour sessions.
The Max Level of Planes of Tlessa will cap out at 9,999. Levels will still increase 100 per month.
Crafting Levels are rebalanced.
Players will find crafting weapons, armour, trinkets, rings and spells a bit more grindy, but doable with no gaps in between level required and when the item becomes too trivial.
Players will also find Enchanting unlocks more enchants much faster, basically almost every level you should get new enchants.
All skill level required and skill level trivial on all items and enchantments has been redone.
As a result you may find the list of items or enchantments/craftable items shrinks for you or grows depending on where you are in your crafting/enchanting journey.
Players can sell and list items from their inventory
You can now sell and list and item, including sell all items from your inventory. When you click an item name in your inventory it will open a modal to let you:
- Sell (to the shop)
- List (to the market)
Selling will sell the item for the base cost of the item + affixes attached at 5%, with some exceptions:
- Holy items, even with affixes, will only sell to the shop for their items base price.
- Uniques are the same as holy items.
- Affixes that go above a valuation of 2 billion will only give you 2 billion, that is a 10 gold item with two 12 billion gold enchants will only give you 4,000,000,010 gold back before taxes.
When players go to list the item, they will see a graph (not real time) that will show the listed for prices over the last 30 days. This gives players an idea of how much an item is going for on the market.
When items drop from monsters and are shown in chat, or are crafted, enchanted or purchased from the Queen of Hearts - the item in chat will be a link allowing you to click the item and get the same comparison details and options from above in a modal. No more secondary tabs.
Teleport to locations and kingdoms
You can now teleport to locations by clicking on them and clicking teleport. If you do not have the gold, you cannot teleport.
- Players cannot teleport to a location that very close to them. The teleport modal will update to indicate this based on distance.
- All locations, be it kingdom, npc kingdom, enemy kingdom, port or location can be teleported too.
- If you are too close to another location you cannot teleport.
- For mobile/pc players the telport modal will allow them to choose destinations and coordinates, as previously stated.
Distance is shown in miles.
Trinkets can be crafted anytime, how ever you will need Access to purgatory to get the required currency: Copper Coins which drop off enemies in Purgatory and only Purgatory.
- Trinkets also require Gold Dust (you can get this from disenchanting).
- There is a long quest line that starts on Surface that will eventually get you access to Purgatory.
Trinkets will increase:
- Ambush Chance, Ambush Resistance, Counter Chance and Counter resistance %
- Players can have two trinkets equipped for a total of 95% for each of the above.
- Trinkets cannot be bought from the shop and can be sold on the market board for 100X their gold dust cost.
- Trinkets cannot be sold to the shop.
- Trinkets cannot have Holy applied to them via Alchemy.
- Trinkets cannot have enchantments applied to them.
- Trinkets cannot have holy oil or affixes applied or moved to them.
- Trinkets cannot have uniques or mythics moved to them
Players can see their ambush and counter info by going to the Character Sheet tab and clicking Additional Info.
New Crafting Skill: Trinketry
This can be leveled as you craft trinkets, there are enough trinkets going to level 400.
- Players may have two trinkets equipped
- Players may only have two trinkets in a given set if they wish to equip that set.
Hell Forged gear
Players can buy a new gear type which comes after crafting has reached level 400. This gear can be accessed via entering into Hell and you will see in the actions section a new Hell Forged Button, or if you are on mobile, you will have a new Hell Forged option in the action drop down section.
Hell forged gear requires:
- 1 level 400 Crafted Item of the same type you want to buy (weapon, armour, ring or spell - damage or healing)
- 150 Billion Gold
- 1000 Shards
- 10,000 Gold Dust
- Be in Hell to access the shop.
All gear pieces that you can buy are all the same price. Their base stats are higher then level 400 crafted gear. However, their stats may not be better then your Holy infused, Unique or mythic enchantment, but the idea is you upgrade your max level crafted gear to this new gear type.
All enchantments, holy oils, uniques or mythic enchantments will be moved over for you free of charge.
Purgatory chains are the same as Hell Forged with the exception of the price and what you need to trade in.
Purgatory gear is better then Hell Forged at a base level of stats.
To get purgatory Chain gear you need:
- To be in purgatory to access the shop, which is accessed the same way you would Hell Forged.
- 250 Billion Gold
- 2500 Shards
- 1000 Copper Coins
- 1 Hell Forged piece of gear of the same type you want to buy.
Gold Mines - Shadow Planes
The Gold mines location in shadow planes is now a special location that:
- Allows you to explore in
- Drops no quest items
- Can drop 1-5 shards per kill
Players have been asking for an easier way to get shards, other then conjuring Celestials. While Celestials will always drop the most shards, this gives players a special location to gather the shards from.
Combat Docs have been updated
Check out the combat docs to understand how Ambush and Counter work.
- Ambush Chance and Resistance are only useful if you are farming in purgatory and farming further down the list after you get your Unique, Holy Items and Trinkets.(where they give the most gold and XP)
- Ambush and Counter are vital for the new optional PVP.
Server Message items
When items drop, are crafted or enchanted - in the server section - the message containing the item name will be a link that when clicked on will open up a modal exactly like the item comparison from the character inventory section.
This allows characters to see if what they crafted, enchanted or what has dropped is better then what they have on, you can equip it, sell it, disenchant it (if its enchanted), move it to a set and list it (if it is an enchanted item).
If the item is a quest item, the item comparison section will reflect the quest item details.
Quest hand In
Players no longer have to be at a NPC's location and message them a command they have to look up to complete a quest. Players can now be any where, on any plane.
Players can click Hand in, if they have the requirements met they will be moved to that NPC automatically, even across planes - all for free.
If you do not have the items, you will be told to check the requirements tab.
Quest processing is much faster and the amount of info spit out to the chat section is reduced.
Players, when viewing a quest, can also see "before completion text" and (after its completed if you click on the quest again) "after completion text". This is essentially a little story behind the quest and lore for the world.
- Each quest will have a before and after text section.
- Each quest chain going down will have a story that continues from the parent quest.
- Quests load 10x faster and process 20x faster.
Reset your character
Players can now head to settings and choose to reset their character instead of deleting it. You can choose a new race and class and even enable The Guide for help.
Players who reset their character will lose all progress, all items, kingdoms, everything. You are set back to level one and re-rolled.
The Guide (Quests)
Upon registration or for characters under level 10, or even those who reset their character, The Guide can be enabled.
The Guide, for those who register will popup when in game, but only once on your initial login. The Guide will not popup for those who reset their account. But you will see the Guide Quest Button at the top of the screen.
The Guide is comprised of three parts: Requirements, Story and explicit Instructions. on how to complete.
The Guide is intended to help new players understand the basics of the game. We do fighting, skill leveling, crafting, enchanting, kingdoms (3 quests) and other quests that link all these features together. We start you out slow and work our way up.
Previously completed Guide quests can be seen in the side bar for reference.
The Story gives some lore and does not have to followed if you not into that, but does drop some hints.
Guide quests reqard you with:
- An item with two enchants, this is random but the enchant and item are to your level to. a max of level 100.
PVP is in place and works similar to Celestial Battles.
- Characters at the same location as each-other will see Duel button (or option in the drop down selection for Mobile Players) if:
- They are Level 301 and Higher
- Players can engage in PVP if:
- They are not dead, exploring or were recently killed in pvp.
- Any player meeting these requirements can be targeted.
- Dying in PVP results in you being moved away from the enemy, you have a flag on you for 2 minutes and cannot be targeted.
- If a player who died in PVP chats, they will not see their location, bust instead a skull icon. Other players will see this as well. This will indicate you were killed in PVP.
There is no looting in PVP, you do not lose anything for dying.
The winner gets to roll between 1-100 and needs to roll higher than: 99 to get a new top tier Mythic Unique. These will show up orange and the Queen of Hearts can re-roll these and can move the enchantments to other gear, but you cannot buy these from her.
Monthly PVP and Celestial Kings
Every month on the last day of the month, starting at 8am GMT-6 till 6:30pm GMT-6 players level 301 or higher have the option to join monthly PVP.
PC players will see this a sky blu button on their actions, mobile players will have this in their base actions drop down section.
Players will select their attack and from their enter them selves in to PVP. Players can change their attack type all the way up 6:30pm GTM-6
Players who chose to participate do not have to be logged in, how ever because the Celestial Kings spawn afterwords it might be benificial as this is another way to get Mythic Uniques.
We gather the players at 6:30, send them to a new special location on Surface which players cannot regularly enter. From here you are:
- Disabled from moving or attacking.
- We Group you by lowest to highest level
- Grab the first two players from the list, they duke it out. Again all automated.
- The loser is teleported away with a PVP flag so they cannot be targeted for 2 minutes and they get 2 billion gold.
- The winner moves on to the next player.
- The last one standing gets a Mythic Unique (given to you regardless if your inventory is full) and 50 Billion Gold.
- If you win a PVP fight you have a chance to get a mythic unique each time you kill a player.
After the event is over, the Celestial Kings, which are the hardest for their planes, will be released. There is one for each plane minus Purgatory. The player who kills it, gets the same roll as above for regular PVP to get a mythic, but now they apply a max of 15%, of their looting skill bonus towards the roll.
Mythic Uniques can be obtained by two ways: Kill a Celestial King, spawns once a month (after monthly pvp) on Surface for the same chance as PVP but you get to apply a max of 15% of your looting to the chance. Or kill a player for a 1% chance of one to drop.
These are stronger than 100 Billion Gold Uniques that you buy from the queen. You cannot buy these from her, but can re-roll and move their attached affixes. They have the same rules as Uniques as they are considered a unique, they are just mythic. They will show up as orange and can have holy items applied to them.
Players will need some kind of counter resistance and ambush resistance to take on the king. See Trinkets above.
Kingdoms UI Change
Players will now find that they have a kingdoms tab. From here they can manage their kingdoms, by clicking on names in the table.
This will show a kingdom over view, including buildings, units and details.
You can manage all aspects including mass embezzling from the manage treasury option.
You can drill further into buildings and units, again clicking the name in the table.
This then lets you see upgrade and recruitment costs and options as well as repair/rebuild options for buildings.
When kingdoms update at the hourly update - as long as the building is not in queue, it will heal for its current durability + 5%. This means players can still loose morale if the current durability is below the max and the building indicates it reduces morale. Keeps, Farms, Walls are some buildings that reduce morale per hour if their durability is 0.
New Random Number Generator
There is a new random generator that is favourable to players under level 10 to give them items to get them going when fighting monsters, how ever over level 10, you will need to depend on your Looting skill more and more to get items.
Remember, monsters drop gear associated with your level up to a max Crafting level of 300 (only attainable in Purgatory). For a new player under level 10 they can get up to level 10 (Crafting skill level required) gear.
This random generator does make the game a bit more grindy (for those with little to no Looting skill bonus), but with my tests, it seems you will get items every so often, this also makes Special locations, where specific quest items drop - more grindy but not overly so.
Fixes (and other tidbits)
Movement, Teleport, SetSail and Loading of the map are 25x faster then in 188.8.131.52.
Armour class (AC) has been changed to now include 2% of your modded str or raw str if voided. Players should see a dramatic increase in Armour class, how ever your attack will far out weigh your armour class.
- AC now acts as a damage reduction to the enemies physical attack, but not spells or affixes.
All armour now gives bonus to Base AC Mod. Body will always give the most.
Fighters and Blacksmiths will always have the most AC.
Enemies (specifically Purgatory Critters) Have Ambush Chance, resistance and Counter Chance, resistance.
- Purgatory monsters and Special Location monssters also have Devouring Light and Darkness chances, no other monster unless it is a Celestial or Celestial King does.
When players clicks attack on a monster, or click attack after killing a monster they will see the "before the battle" messages, this includes voidance, ambushes and other actions that fire before you hit one of the attack buttons.
Players no longer need to be at the same location as NPC's to conjure Celestials. Instead you have a new Conjure button under the map actions.
Fixes to Automation to make spells do proper damage when on planes like Shadow, Hell or Purgatory.
- This includes using the proper damage reduction for server side attacks.
Players may now collect up to 1 million copper coins as opposed to before this was 100k. This has been increased for trinket crafting as well as future crafting of new weapons/armour/spells/rings/artifacts and so on.
Skills no longer switch on you when you are exploring and have selected a skill to train. Currently in 1.1 they do switch, but this bug has since been fixed.
1.3 will fix the following issues:
- Equipping sets or using multiple alchemical items on your self can take a while. For example:
- Sets can take 3-8 Seconds to equip.
- Alchemical items (up to 10 at a time) can take a couple minutes to apply.
The planned fix for 1.3 is to redo the way your stats are calculated such that these issues are not present. The way you equip items or use items will not change, but the the back end logic for recalculating your stats will.
Version: 184.108.40.206, Bug fixes all around, Published on: Aug 04 2022
Welcome back to Planes of Tlessa. Today I have some exciting bug fixes in this release.
Adventures are a problematic aspect of this game, thankfully they are going in away with the planned 1.2 release. But for now I have sort of fixed them, I believe these fixes should fix issues around items. Alas it might not.
So I have put a notice when you open adventures and in the help docs that players should use Exploration over Adventures.
You will still get the same types of items, quest items, gold, XP and Skill XP. If you are at a special location and use Exploration, specific quest related items that only drop from these areas will not drop. Remember, Special locations are manual fighting only.
Help Docs Fixes
- Currencies docs have been updated to better explain Gold Dust.
- Adventures have been updated with the above message.
- Quests have been updated to remove the table, instead players should open the Plane Quests under the map to see a list of available quests. Don't worry the docs still explain how the quest system works.
- The Admin Chat (what the Creator Sees and uses to chat) will not break when a player in game types a message. This was annoying to me, as The Creator.
- Your user data is no longer leaked to the browser fixing a security issue with Chat.
- The Quest Blesed Hope has now been renamed to Blessed Hope.
- Gold Dust Lotto has been fixed to properly select one random player for the (nerfed from 1 Million) 10,000 Gold Dust. This also spits out a Global message letting other know who won that days lotto.
- Players who do not win, still get between 1 and 100 gold dust.
- Daily Lottery runs at 12 PM GMT-6 every day.
- Artifact Gap in Skill Level Required and Skill Trivial for crafting has been fixed.
- Queen of Hearts, Moving Prefix, Suffix or Both has been fixed.
Possible Bug that cannot be replicated
A user has mentioned that their artifacts disappear when they enter Exploration or unequip them. After testing in development I am unable to replicate this issue.
Please note that when you remove items from a set or unequip items not in a set, the item or items will appear at the bottom of your inventory (last page)
- Equipping an item, saving it to a set and then unequipping does not unequip the set. You have to click the button again to unequip the set or refresh and click unequip.