Version: 1.1.0, The Gates Open
Welcome back to Planes of Tlessa. I am so excited to announce the release of 1.1.0
This release brings a lot of new features, fixes to existing features and new items, skills, stats and so much more. Tlessa is continuing to evolve and grow and I am happy to have you along side me.
NPC's and Quests
Npc's are entities that you interact with via the chat typing in, or copy and pasting, their exact commands.
Npc's can do one of three things: Conjure, Quest and Hold Kingdoms.
Npc's who can conjure or are involved in quests, requires you to be at their location to interact with them. If you don't know where they are you can type in their command and they will tell you where they are located (and which plane).
The only NPC who does not require you to be at their location and works across planes is The Kingdom Holder, other wise known as: The Old Man.
There are a variety of NPC's across planes, some deal with quests and some deal with conjuring Celestial Entities.
Players can now challenge them selves and participate in a competitive Monster Fights with these special creatures that have a very small chance to spawn on their own via the characters on the map moving around (teleport, set sail and regular movement can potentially spawn a Celestial.)
Celestial Entities can be fought by any one, including multiple players. The Celestial Entities get harder and cost more to conjure as you traverse the planes. For example the Celestials in Labyrinth plane are harder then those on surface, while Dungeons (new plane) are eve harder still.
Each plane has its own set of rewards that get better the further down you go.
These can be conjured either privately or publicly.
To earn the rewards you and only you, no shared rewards must kill the creature. Hence the competitive nature.
Spell Evasion and Artifact Annulment
Players who equip rings can now raise their spell evasion and artifact annulment stats on their character sheet. While this won't mean anything against regular critters, Celestial Entities can Reduce the spell damage you do and your artifact damage.
How ever, with rings equipped, yes they will still reduce your damage, but you can also reduce theirs. The higher your evasion/annulment, the less damage they can do. Over a 100% means they will never do damage with spells and artifacts.
Players can now earn two additional types of currencies. One is Gold Dust and the other is Shards.
Gold Dust is required in conjunction with Gold to conjure Celestial Entities.
Shards and Gold Dust are used in Alchemy to create usable items that can be used on your self or dropped on kingdoms to do damage.
Gold Dust is earned via Disenchanting, while Shards are only earned by killing Celestials.
Players can now unlock a new skill called Alchemy. When you open your character sheet, you will see a new skill that is locked. Clicking on this will tell you the quest to complete to unlock it.
Once unlocked the player can now use Alchemy under craft/enchant to create usable items. These items can be sold on the market, do not drop and cannot be bought from the shop.
Note: The Level for Alchemy is 400, how ever there are not enough items to get you there. More will be added in time.
Items and Kingdoms
These can do a lot of damage - when a lot of them are used together. You can only use these items when you are attacking a kingdom.
Note: It is fair game and not against the rules for a player to just walk around dropping these.
Players will also now get a log when an item is dropped on the kingdom.
Players will also now see enemy data in their attack logs. Clicking on this will either tell you the damage you did to the kingdom you attacked, minus morale. Or the damage you did to attacking units. This is a separate tab on the log it's self.
Kingdoms have also been updated to max the unit cap at 100k for every unit and max the treasury at 4 Billion Gold.
Kingdoms now also gain interest on their treasury gained per hour at a rate of Keep Current Level / Keep Max Level * 100.
NPC Kingdom Holder
Players will now notice that if they do not walk their kingdoms for 5 days, on the 6th day their kingdom will loose morale every hour until the NPC takes it.
At which point a player may walk up to that kingdom, message the NPC responsible for holding the kingdoms and pay the cost (if they have a kingdom) and then be given the kingdom.
Items do not damage the morale of a kingdom directly, they damage buildings that if reduced to 0, then effect the morale. Players still have to send in settlers to further reduce morale and then take the kingdom.
Players may also wage war on these kingdoms to take them by force.
If the NPC kingdom is not touched for 5 days after it is taken, it will disappear from the map.
Disenchanting is a new skill and the only way of getting gold dust. Both Destroy and Disenchant actions will destroy the item.
For disenchanting, the higher your skill, the higher the chance to successfully disenchant and thus get between 1-150 gold dust per item or 1 if you fail.
This skill is leveled as you disenchant items
For destroying, you only get between 1-25 Gold Dust.
Class Skills and New Stats
Every class in the game now has a class skill, this skill can increase: Base Damage Modifier, Healing Modifier, Fight Timeout Modifier, Base AC Modifier or a combination.
Every class skill with the exception of vampires has a restriction on how their skill bonuses get applied. For example, Fighters need both Weapon and Shield to get both AC and Damage Bonus as they level the skill, or two weapons to get the attack, or a shield (or two) to get just the ac bonus.
Each class skill can be seen by visiting: Races and Classes help documentation and clicking on your class to see your specific skill.
There are now two new stats: Agility and Focus.
Agility is used for Rangers and Thieves and is their To Hit Stat. While they still use Dexterity for damage.
Focus is used for Prophets and Heretics to be used as their to hit stat, while they still use CHR and INT for damage respectively.
Weapons will not increase Agility or Focus - but Armour will. Bows will increase Agility and Dexterity, while spells will increase Focus.
Craft Only Sets and Bows
There are four new sets for players who's skill level in the appropriate crafting skill is in the 200's
These cannot be bought from the shop, do not drop and can be sold on the market (with affixes attached). They start at 2.1 Billion Gold and go to 2.4 Billion Gold.
Bows are a new weapon type designed for Rangers. Thieves would benefit, but their class skill requires them to duel wield two weapons. Bows cannot be duel wielded. They are held in both hands. You may pick which ever hand.
Bows only increase AGI and DEX as well as Fight Time Out Modifier (applies to all skills that affect the Fight Time Out Modifier).
Healing spells now have a chance to resurrect you in battle. Prophets are the only class that get an automatic 5% towards their Resurrection chance. You can see this chance on your character sheet.
Having two healing spells equipped will stack this bonus.
Monsters have been re-balanced so that players in top tier shop gear can make it down to the bottom of the critter list and be able to take on some surface celestials.
Players will be able to make it most of the way down Labyrinth and Dungeons critter list with the shop gear.
Note: This assumes there are no affixes attached.
Dungeons (new plane)
Dungeons is a new plane with a new type of water. Players will have to kill a celestial on surface to get the quest item to then turn into the Dungeon Master NPC on Labyrinth. Players will have to speak to him twice to turn in the quest item you got from the celestial and then again to turn in the item he gave you to get the final item.
Players will need to kill a critter in Dungeons to get the Quest item to walk on Dungeons water.
Dungeons also has the longest set of adventures ranging form 30 minutes to over an hour.
Inventory now has something called sets.
You will also see your inventory is split into multiple tabs now:
- Inventory - Hold weapons and Armour (counts towards inventory max)
- Equipped - Holds equipped items (does not count towards inventory max)
- Sets - Holds ten tabs worth of items, can be equipped if it follows the set rules other wise it is treated as a unlimited stash tab.
- These do not count towards inventory max.
- Usable Items - Holds your usable items (counts towards inventory max)
- Quest Items - Hold Quest items (does not count towards inventory max)
Sets allow a character to save equipped items as a set to quickly equip it later. Sets cannot be mixed and matched or have non set items equipped along side them. It's one or the other when equipping. For example, if you try and equip any item while a set is equipped, we will remove the whole set and equip just that item.
Sets can be quickly equipped, if it follows the set rules by going to the set tab and clicking: Equip Set
It is suggested that players equip the items they want as a set and then click: Save as set in the equipped section. To unequipped a set either equip a non set item, another set or click Unequipped All from the from equipped tab.
Players can move items from their inventory (only) into sets. You can even empty a set, assuming you have the space.
There is no limit on how many items you can have in a set.
And so much more ...
There are so many other changes that have come to Tlessa. Small fixes, tweaks to the UI, the map will now be in the center of the screen, under actions, when the window size is less then 1920 px's wide. You can even open and close the map.
Other changes include:
- Seeing more verbose messages for attacking. This also applies to adventures.
- Planes now have bonuses from just being on them, XP, Skill XP and Drop rate chance bonuses. These only apply to non surface plane locations. Check out the new planes documentation for more info.
- Players can now head to settings and delete their account, upon doing so all your kingdoms, across all planes, are handed to the NPC Kingdom Holder, your market listings are deleted, your character is deleted and your user account containing your email and password are also deleted. You will receive one final email confirming this is done.
Version: 1.0.23, Kingdoms and Breakpoints
Welcome back to another Planes of Tlessa update.
Todays bugs are simple, but - it comes with a caveat for one of them. Lets start simple:
- Kingdoms on surface can now be settled on top of kingdoms in labyrinth. That is, if at x/y on surface there would be a kingdom at the same location as on labyrinth, you can now settle there instead of getting a error about not being able to settle there.
- When attacking kingdoms on surface there was an issue where if there was a labyrinth kingdom under the surface kingdom (that is same location on labyrinth plane) the attack would go across planes. This is fixed now so that surface kingdoms, get attacked when targeted.
Now for the tricky bit.
Bootstrap is an annoying pain in my ass when it comes to break points. Not every one plays on large monitors (1920+) Some have monitors, for example that are 1366 (which is what this fixes).
These are the following break points (width wise) that the game plays nice in:
$grid-breakpoints: ( xs: 0, sm: 576px, md: 768px, lg: 992px, xl: 1200px, xxl: 1366px, xxxl: 1920px );
If Your browser screen size falls between any of these, please state the monitor resolution in the bugs section of the discord channel
As you can see, up to xl, bootstrap doesn't play nice with "in betweens" which a lot of people tend to do, for one reason or the other. Tail wind offers some nice ways to handle this but alas that won't be till 2.0
Version: 1.0.22, Slight Fixes
- Slight fix to enchanting: We only remove gold once instead of twice and we will give you your gold back is there's an issue on the server that causes an error.
- Skills: Skills will now give you the full bonus applied to a base of 5. Skill xp Formula is now:
5 * $totalBonus; // where totalBonus is comprised of: - $xpTowards: How much xp are you putting towards (for training only, crafting, enchanting and soon alchemy will have this at 0. - $skill->skill_training_bonus: Your total skill training bonus - $adventureBonus: If you are currently training a skill and doing an adventure, that adventure bonus will be applied.
This will affect all skills.
Note: Crafting and Enchanting do not make use of xpTowards or advenureBonus.
Version: 1.0.21, Crafting Changes and Item Prices
Don't be alarmed! Crafting and enchanting still work exactly as you would expect.
- Items, with the exception of artifacts, are all pared - there are 33 weapons, armour (all pieces), spells (both types) and rings. These all top out at 2 billion gold and can all be bought from the shop and or crafted. Some of these might move the appropriate crafting skill to 230-250.
- Items with attached affixes have had their prices adjusted as well, since they are not references, but duplicate items.
Crafting + Enchanting (and Future Alchemy)
These skills required you, currently, to spend a disgusting amount of gold, so I have changed how crafting works - slightly:
- Crafting is still random, but: the roll is now between 0 - 100 and not 0 - 400 + bonuses.
- If bonuses exceed 1.0 (100%) then the craft is a success. This should make crafting gear more valuable.
- This make you have more success, with a few failures (if you have no crafting gear) but should see levels go up quicker, thus spending less gold.
The above Info applies to:
- All Crafting Skill
- 1.1's Alchemy Skill
There are also a few new items to round out the items so that each type has 33.
- All monsters will drop more gold across both surface and labyrinth, capping out at 6k per kill on the hardest monster for each plane.
- Labyrinth monsters (for the first levels have been weakened to allow easier entrance)
Version: 1.0.20, The Little Things
Crafting Information Page and Enchanting Information Page have had their tables updated.
- On crafting you can select the type.
- On Both you can see the Skill Level Required and Skill Level Trivial.
- Minor Help documentation updates around settings and crafting.
- Items will now show proper % for stats.
Version: 1.0.19, Minor Fixes and Market Changes
Nothing major just some small changes:
Market Board History Chart can now also be shown by time. That is you can select 24 Hours, 1 Day, 1 Week or 1 Month from the "Show history for last?" drop down button on all history charts.
Market board now default to showing the last 24 hours worth of sales instead of all sales.
Adventure name fixed on the completed page.
Items total stats are now formatted and show not show
5.48674596874596847569%for example. instead it should just be
Version: 1.0.18, Kingdoms and overuse of resources
This update is minor and brings with it a couple changes:
- For the admin: The market statistics chart works - yay!
- Kingdom buildings for upgrading and rebuilding will now disable the buttons before posting the data to the server. This should stop the upgrade issue of overusing resources.
- Same thing for units and unit recruitment.
- Unit recruitment now has some tool tips you can hover over to explain more about population cost and such.
- Buy and sell now show loaders.
- Items and affixes are now properly capped.
- Items costing more then 5k wont drop from mobs.
- Affixes costing more then 1k each wont drop from mobs.
But creator, I just a got a drop valued at 700k+
The way the random item builder works, is it cycles through items and appropriate affixes. We only create a new item if an item with the affix doesn't already exist, if it does we might replace it. So over time the system will clean it's self up in regards to the prices of affixes currently.
Version: 1.0.17, Stop selling your equipped items on the market board.
That's it. That's all this fixes.
- Equipped enchanted items can no longer be sold via the market board.
Version: 1.0.16, Nothing Special
- Admin section can now export and import skills. Extreme caution as jobs are not run when importing, so users will not be updated. This is only for setting up the game.
- Other minor bits and bobs I released last night after 1.0.15
See? Nothing special.
Version: 1.0.15, Attack Formula Changes Pt. 2
Phew, we did it. We changed the attack formula.
- When Attacking (Can you hit?):
(attacker.base_stat + Math.round(attacker.dex / 2)) * attackerAccuracy;
- When A Monster is Attacking you (Can Hit? Dodge):
(defender.base_stat + Math.round(defender.dex / 2)) * defenderDodge;
To block, its
AC > Base Stat
This should fix issues with attacking and with adventures. Your gear does matter.
- Shields no longer provide stat bonuses, instead they provide base defence modifiers.
- New Skills: Fighters Resilience (max level 999, max skill bonus 25%, affects: Attack Timer (-25% at max level))
- Training Skills are now max level 999, they have had their percentages adjusted appropriately.
- Slight monster tweaks.